SALARY: COMPETITIVE PLUS BONUS STRUCTURE
START DATE: IMMEDIATE FOR RIGHT CANDIDATE
Opening in April, St Paul’s Social at Avenue HQ is a dawn till dusk destination for simple, seasonal, nutritious food and exciting drinks options to suit any time of day. The coffee shop of the day time turns seamlessly into a bar for the evening serving local and craft beers, complemented by homemade food throughout the day, making it a truly unique venue to be enjoyed daily and to host a variety of events. Boasting an events suite for up to 150 people, plus a variety of different sized meeting rooms the modern canteen style space will also be available to hire for away days, events, meetings, talks and launches – a destination space for all in the heart of Liverpool’s business district.
We are recruiting for a skilled Business Development Manager to work with the General Manager and oversee the bookings and outreach of our exciting new venue, including the impressive events spaces. You will thrive on fast pace and be ambitious with an eye for detail, confident and able to adapt to any given situation. You’ll be results driven and want to become vital to the success of the business. It’s a given that you will be hot on punctuality, organisation, standards and a dedicated hard worker – managing the bookings throughout the space and aiding the General Manager in running the venue.
This is the third of our venues to open, however more sites are in the pipeline so there’s plenty of development and future prospects if that’s what makes you tick.
Experience in a casual restaurant or events setting is a must and the right person will have a proven track record with managing bookings or events, building sales and managing the potential of the venue, with strong local knowledge and connections. We want to meet ambitious candidates no matter your level of sales and events experience as its really about the right person for us. We offer good pay for good people with heaps of extras and an attainable bonus structure – we put a lot into our people but expect the same in return.
If you are looking for a role that is full of potential, working directly with the site managers we’d love to meet you.
- To build, grow and protect the reputation of St Paul’s Social and Avenue HQ by building strong relationships in the local area. Know what your customer wants and monitor trends keeping the offering current and suited to the area.
- To take charge of the events calendar and bookings diary for St Paul’s Social and the Avenue HQ site as a whole, liaising with all relevant teams to ensure the customers need is met.
- To attend networking events across the city as a representative of The Avenue HQ Group, truly becoming the face of the business and using every opportunity to make meaningful connections.
- To identify and maximise, through local knowledge, all sales opportunities. Working to deliver agreed sales targets set by Head Office with the consideration of the financial and commercial implications of your decisions.
- To hold event attendance and expenditure records in good order for statistical and financial purposes, helping the team to assess and improve profitability from a thorough understanding of the businesses performance.
- To build a strong partnership with the site management team, working together to build a supportive, team focused environment that people feel inspired to be a part of.
- To work with the marketing team to promote the business in the right channels, guiding content capture in line with industry trends and become the face of the business in the local community.
- To manage shifts in line with company standards and act as a strong leader throughout both events and the everyday.
- Most importantly enjoy your work, inspire passion within others and truly work towards the mission of the business!