About Avenue HQ
The Avenue HQ Group was founded in 2016 in Liverpool, UK. We pride ourselves on being a community driven business created for and facilitating a driven business community. Since conception we have made big strides and continue to place ourselves at the forefront of the new working movement. We are a company that is evolving every day in response to our members and their constantly changing needs. It is that community which is truly at the heart of everything we do – we believe in creating inspiring environments where individuals, businesses and cities can thrive. From the minute you attend one of our events, use a space for a meeting, become a member or even visit one of our hospitality venues you’re invited into the fold and become part of the progression. We strive to offer much more than just workspace; our organisation reaches far beyond any of our four walls and we aim to support and nurture businesses as they graduate through our plans and grow with us.
This role is key to supporting the ongoing growth of the Avenue HQ Group. The individual will be a trusted member of the Senior Leadership Team, reporting to the Directors on all matters, and having a real impact on the strategic direction of the Group.
The role will be responsible for the Group’s financial data and controls. You will ensure that effective measures are implemented to deliver timely, accurate and compliant reporting of actual, forecast and budgeted financial performance. You will develop a deep understanding of the business, its operations and commercial objectives, and support the team to achieve the desired growth.
This role requires an experienced Finance Manager with both an accounting qualification and viatally post qualification experience. You will have a successful track record of managing financial operations within a medium size or high growth business and have the passion to support the Avenue HQ Group through its future growth.
- Strategic – an excellent and independent planner and thinker with strong problem solving skills and conviction in your own decisions
- Accountable – able to take responsibility for decisions made and learn from the outcome, a strong work ethic and enthusiasm to inspire and influence change
- Punctual – with the ability to deliver timely results despite any obstacles and resolve matters quickly
- Knowledgeable – with a strong grasp of the most current legislation and how it applies to your role and the company as a whole, good understanding of relevant systems
- Commercial – with risk management and cost control skills underpinned by commercial acumen and the ability to apply this creatively on any given task
- Approachable – with excellent advocacy, presentation and communication skills
- Negotiator – skilled at relationship management both on a professional and personal level
- Supportive – to both the company as a whole but also to individuals and colleagues
- Sensitive – to individuals needs and trustworthy to be privy to a variety of sensitive financial and company information
- Positive – a positive guiding influence committed to equality of opportunity and engagement
- Managing the Group’s financial affairs, including management and statutory accounts together with longer term financial projections.
- Ensure that the most efficient and effective control systems and mechanisms are in place throughout the Group.
- Aid in producing reports and projections in consultation with the Directors
- Handle the payroll across the Group including hourly and pro-rata salaried staff
- Supervise the production of regular salary payments and records, National Insurance and pension contributions in accordance with HMRC requirements
- Ensure completion of PAYE, VAT and other returns
- Oversee all VAT matters, ensuring compliance, and looking at efficient ways of reducing VAT liability in line with current legislation
- Manage all payments and receipts using Xero, and ensure that all bank accounts and statements are regularly reviewed and reconciled
- Handle employee expenses
- Efficiently manage internal and external contracts to ensure company expenditure is authorised and accounted for
- Ensure the overall smooth running of the company’s internal administration and its cost-effectiveness
- Manage, in conjunction with Group Head Office team, staff contracts and HR matters
- Advise on current and relevant policies in regards to all personnel procedures; onboarding, training, holidays and appraisals ensuring they are correctly documented by Head Office
- Ensure the company’s legal responsibilities are met, including insurance
- Aid in ensuring the company’s IT resources are the most appropriate and efficient